Friday, January 27, 2012

Meanwhile in Oregon

So after a grueling 3 months of working 9 1/2 hour days at a discount grocery store in Zurich, I earned enough money to return to Grover's outstretched paw. He has lost a lot of weight and seems to be attempting kittenhood, which I respect. He is keeping it real. Maybe he can't jump up onto things anymore, but he is very good at alerting those he trusts to carry him around. He is also still a master of burrowing, which should surprise no one. At night he doesn't want to stop the party and is displeased when I fall asleep. On my birthday he patted my hand and gave me a stern look that said, "my water dish is unhygienic, please replace it". It's his way of making sure my twenties will not be spent in a hovel. To best describe what Grover feels, I must quote Winston Churchill: "a man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality".

1 comment: