Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grover the Great


Grover is not just one example of a good cat, but actually the good cat to which every other cat is compared. Grover is a living legend. When I was 11 and lived out in the country, I spent every Friday night alone in the living room watching FRIENDS and eating ice cream with Grover. When I left for a year and came back, he feigned disinterest but followed me everywhere. When I was falling asleep in bed, he would come to the edge of my comforter and head-butt it until I let him under the covers, where he would set up his domain and scuttle around. 


"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer


No comments:

Post a Comment